Search This Blog

Monday, April 30, 2012

Life may be beautiful...

...but people are weird.

Harsh? Not really. I am absolutely justified in this statement. Why, do you ask?

I have turned into a telemarketer. Of sorts.

Ironic, considering how bad I was at selling Girl Scout cookies.

My average conversation goes something like this:
Random person: Hello?
Me: Hi, is this so-and-so?
Random person: WHO IS THIS?!?

...I would be afraid to be friends with someone who always answered the phone in such a way. They must be very suspicious people.

The other day I called an older lady, told her who I was, and she responded, "NO WAY! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO CALL ME FOR YEARS!!!" ...and then hung up.

Then there's that awkward moment when the person you are trying to call happens to be dead. Which actually happens quite often.

And there's people who have their phone under their son's name, even though he hasn't lived there for 20 years.

I frequently have elderly people tell me that they aren't going to live long enough to make switching insurance worth it.



...I don't understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment