Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Dear diary...

Where does the word diary even come from? And why 'dear'? I found all my grade school/Jr. High diaries the other day. And threw them away. Dear nothing. Although the drama and angst was rather amusing. Of course, now I'll never be able to remember that part of my life, because I threw it away. Sad day. Somehow I think I'll remember the important stuff. The rest is junk, anyway. Kind of reminds me of God. Imagine He has books recounting our lives up in the library of Heaven. All the nasty stuff we've ever done is recorded in ink. But all we have to do is apologize and ask for forgiveness, and He throws them away. That part of our lives is no longer important. What are we left with? A renewed relationship with God and the fun times. "As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our trangressions from us." (Psalm 103:12)
God will forgive you. All you have to do is ask. And throw away the diaries.

2 comments:

  1. That's a really cool word picture. I like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha it's totally not what I was intending to write about. I kind of made it up as I went.

    ReplyDelete