Search This Blog

Monday, April 4, 2011

Real life?

When I and my friend graduated high school we were all pretty freaked out about starting "real life" out in the "real world." Ha. Now I'm sorry I wasted the energy on it, because it's just going to happen all over again in a few years. College is not real life. College is nice, safe, and tidy. College comes with premade food options three times a day. College comes with maintenance crews. College comes with security patrols. During the day our biggest worries are surviving classes. In the afternoons we are concerned with do we get naps, and just how long can we stay in the faculty parking lot before we get caught? In the evenings the biggest problem is Ihop or movie, and going to bed before three A.M. Somehow I don't think this is real life. Which is totally fine with me. If I could afford it I'd be tempted to become a "professional student." Because with real life comes difficulties and good byes. On a large scale. I realized as soon as I entered college that there will be nothing but weddings and good byes for the next several years (those two things aren't connected BTW). A few friends left last semester, and a few even better friends are leaving after this one. Sometimes I wonder what the point of the relationships is if they are never going to last. But I'm starting to realize that all these encounters make us who we are. Even the brief ones. Each person has something unique to bring to the table, a different take on life. It is these perspectives that keep life interesting. And I like interesting, so I guess I won't become a hermit after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment