Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Of old cars and crying

My car overheated! Yay! I made it 5/6 of the way home and realized that the little indicator on my temp gage was past the H line. Like, as far to the right as it could physically go. And my car stopped accelerating. Awesome. I stopped at a gas station to put some gas in and let my poor Joe cool off. However, there was something wrong with the gas pump I chose, as it would only let me put $4.33 in my tank. Weird. Good thing I wasn't desperate. I let the car sit about 10 minutes and went on my marry little way. For a while anyway. Then it started again, so I stopped at a rest stop. This time I actually had people offer me help. One was a trucker whose semi had also overheated. I didn't know you could pop the semi of one of those things, but surprise! The other was an older lady in a mini van with a kayak. A third lady came by, but that wasn't to offer help, it was to congradulate me! On the fact that she thought I was "just married" because that's what my car read due to an epic prank war. That was awkward...
Anyways, I made it back finally and got to see a bunch of the kids I grew up with graduate. That was fun. Best Friend and I were rehashing all the crying we did same time last year. It seems very dumb now....

No comments:

Post a Comment